Meridiam is a global infrastructure fund manager specialized in investments in Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) assets in Europe and North America accross the transportation sector, public and environmental facilities (<50 projects in portfolio). The company has offices in Paris, New York, Toronto, Istanbul, Luxembourg, Vienna, Addis Abeba, Dakar and Libreville (under incorporation) with a total of more than 130 professionals.
Work as a member of the Africa investment team to (i) develop infrastructure projects under the Public-Private Partnership model and (ii) manage project companies in charge of road, hydro power, railway and port projects in Gabon. The candidate may be required to assist in the development of projects outside of Gabon.
This includes in particular the following:
Development and Investment
• Support the team for the preparation and timely submission of all deliverables required during each phase of the project (RFQ, RFP, closing);
• Participate in the general risk analysis of the project;
• Participate in the due diligence process, including liaising with respective advisers (legal, technical, insurance, model audit) and coordinating required input from construction and operation partners;
• Participate in the debt raising process, including dealing with banks, capital markets providers and ratings agencies;
• Participate in the review and negotiation of legal documents, including concession agreements, design-build agreements, operating agreements and finance documents;
• Participate in the financial analysis of the project and in the optimization of the project economics by:
- Performing development and detailed analysis of financial model;
- Analyzing potential financial alternatives;
- Running sensitivities.
• Participate in the drafting of all internal memoranda to be presented to the Management;
• Assist in the selection process and coordination of all consultants/advisers (legal, financial, technical, insurance, accounting, tax, etc.);
• Participate in origination of new opportunities, including performing analysis of market sectors, public sector clients and design, construction or operation partners;
• Participate in developing projects including activities on site, with the local communities and authorities
• Participate in the ESG process including all relevant due diligence and implementation of mitigation measures required
Support the team in charge of running the companies in charge of road, hydro power, railway and/or port in Gabon in:
• Performing analysis of project costs ;
• Participate to the ESG activities and reporting
• More globally contribute to the asset management process and reporting of Meridiam
• 1-2 years of experience in infrastructure development or project finance
• A degree in Economics, Finance or Engineering
• Strong ability to work collaboratively in a small team as well as autonomously, proactive and able to take initiatives;
• Project management, leadership, and organizational skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills;
• Ability to recommend practical ways using innovation, good judgment, creativity and strategic thinking
• Ability to work under pressure
Before applying, please make sure you are eligible : https://mon-vie-via.businessfrance.fr/qu-est-ce-que-le-volontariat-international:
- Be at least 18 years old and not yet 29 years old: you must be 28 years old at the time of your departure on assignment, knowing that a V.I.E contract always starts on the 1st of each month.
- You must be a French citizen or a national of a country in the European Economic Area. If you are a French national or a dual national, you must be in compliance with France's national service obligations (Defence Identification Number).
- Empty/no criminal record.