Financial Analyst, reporting to the CFO of the company
Ravinala Airports is a project company involving the design, financing, a 30-month construction period, and a 25,5 -year operations and maintenance period, of international airports of Antananarivo (Ivato) and Nosy Be (Fascène).
Ravinala Airports is set up by a consortium involving Meridiam Infrastructure (an infrastructure fund and a major investor in public infrastructure, www.meridiam.com) with a 45% share, ADP International with a 35% share, Bouygues Bâtiment International and Colas Madagascar with a 10% share each.
The project is located in two major cities of Madagascar; Ivato airport, the gateway of Madagascar, is the most prominent airport on the island located in the capital city of Antananarivo 20 Km northwest of the city centre. Fascène (or Nosy Be), on the other hand, is found on the island of Nosy Bé (a touristic destination) off the Northwest coast of Madagascar 650km away from Antananarivo.
The project has been signed in 2015 and the construction completed at the end of 2019.
The role involves the following main responsibilities: financial modelling, cost control, business and documentation analysis, and reporting. Under the direct supervision of the CFO, you will:
- updates the reporting financial model of the concession
- submissions of regular updates of the operational model as requested by the sponsors, grantor and/ or funding institutions
- Submit proposals to improve the operational financial model and deal with financial advisors to implement the changes
- Build and manage standalone financial models in order to evaluate new business opportunities
Follow up on project contracts:
- Responsibility for ensuring corporate compliance
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with financial documentation
- Work with the concession authority on financial topics
- Opportunity to be involved in ESG impact subjects within the SPV
Cost and management control:
- Track, analyze and control income and expenses
- Support the respect of accounting closure schedules
- Help implementation new tools aiming at bringing efficiency to the various processes (purchase, finance…)
- Quality: follow up on ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 process and performance indicators
- Build and prepare management and financial reports
- Conduct the quarter valuation in partnership with the headquarter and explain possible deviations
- Help preparing presentations for the CEO and CFO to Board of Directors and/or other stakeholders
- Assist CFO to design and distribute reporting packages, coordination of submissions, consolidation of submissions and performance of sensitivity analysis
- Detail review of month-end accounting/reporting binder
- Answer queries from other Meridiam offices: traffic update, asset management presentations, ESG report, investors questions
- Master of Commerce & Finance degree or Engineering degree from a leading university/school
- A first relevant experience in project finance or financial modelling in a corporate finance environment or audit firm,
- Proven experience analysing financial results
- Good knowledge of corporate financial accounting
- Ability to work autonomously, strong project management skills, demonstrated ability to take initiatives, ability to prioritize and work well under pressure to meet specific targets
- Experience in PPP/Infrastructure/Construction/Airport is a plus.
- Excellent French and English skills, knowledge of Malagasy would be an asset.
- EU nationals in accordance with BusinessFrance requirements.